8.15.2011

content to fill a little space

Father, I know that all my life 
Is portioned out for me, 
The changes that are sure to come 
I do not fear to see; 
I ask Thee for a present mind 
Intent on pleasing Thee. 

I would not have the restless will 
That hurries to and fro, 
Seeking for some great thing to do 
Or secret thing to know; 
I would be treated as a child, 
And guided where I go. 

I ask Thee for daily strength, 
To none that ask denied, 
A mind to blend with outward life 
While keeping at Thy side; 
Content to fill a little space, 
If Thou be glorified. 

In service which Thy will appoints 
There are no bonds for me; 
For my inmost heart is taught the truth 
That makes Thy children free. 
And a life of self renouncing love 
Is one of liberty.




Give her a listen here. Zack O (he's such a champ!) rewrote this lovely little hymn. It is my prayer. It is my cry for this new adventure of mine.


 right here's a little picture of Zack O and I just getting the job done.




.....I miss camp.....



No comments:

Post a Comment