7.19.2011

uprooted

I never know what to say when I first start writing, even though I always feel words swimming in this noggin of mine. I haven't written since the end of staff training week at Twin Lakes. So much has changed in just a couple months. 

I was so ready for Belmont. I was on the edge of my seat. I was poised ready to jump. And now.... I'm struggling with forward motion (WOAH. Relient K quote just came out of nowhere! Love it!) I just don't understand. The minute I begin forming roots of strong community among true believers, I am uprooted. And I don't understand it one bit. Such strong friendships have been made in the past year or so. Ones that I've never had before. And now that I have them, I'm leaving. What in the world could He be doing?

(I have such a hard time writing anything because my honesty scares me. It's like I never completely realize how sinful I am until I write down my thoughts. I read what I've written and just stare at the words in unbelief. What interesting mediums He uses to convict me). 

That was a tangent. Back on track now. 

There is pain, though, in transitions, in switching worlds and lives. There is much more seeking to do. He is mighty, mighty, mighty… Oh so much bigger than my feeble thoughts and plans. He is showing me how to wait and trust and live in His will instead of my own. There is so very much of a plan that I'm refusing to see. I always comes back to this same idea. I just haven't gotten it yet. Here we are again.
And yet, 
"God is my shepherd. I won't be wanting, I won't be wanting...."                                 (thanks for that Mr. Foreman)
And now, I will make joy my abiding confidante as I bask in the light of God's faithfulness. As I stare into the night sky, I'm reminded that the same God that holds those stars in place is the same one that loves me and will carry out the good work He began in me, regardless of my selfish desires to stay in comfort and familiarity.

Did any of that make sense at all?

it's kind of a hobby of mine to go on nationalgeographic.com and look at pretty pictures like this one.




1 comment:

  1. Yes. (to your question)
    I have the same hobby. And i love your choice. But I also look at cute animal pix as well.
    God gave you this past year with all your new friendships to remind you of one of His constants in our lives: change. Although we don't necessarily like it or want it, the truth remains that it is a glorious gift from Him!
    When I think of you, Mary Palmer, it is with a smile & a thankful heart. God has a Plan for your life. I will be praying for you as you navigate it--enjoy His blessings! (Mrs Calhoun)

    ReplyDelete