11.14.2010

thanksgiving moon

Sunday Sunday Sunday.
(my favorite day of the week, which you would already know because obviously you read all my blogs cover to cover, right? yeah, that's what I thought too). (ok. nevermind).

anyways.

I'm really trying to blog more. I mean, I have this thing, so I should write something. I could write a lot. But I realized, people actually do read this... so it can't really be too personal or you guys would know all my secrets. And that'd be no good for me at all.

weekend update!
I went to Belmont with my daddy. He's great. And he loves me very much. We had a grand ole time. 
I met folks.
We talked.
I heard some good music from my future classmates. I heard some bluegrass.

here comes the tangent:

I wish I could write really good songs with really cool cryptic lyrics. 
But I can't. 
I can't even think about what to write right now for this silly blog because Harry Potter (7th movie comes out this week!) is on abc family and I'm entranced. So, I'll leave you guys with real writing, not my lame excuse for writing, and a picture of the guy who wrote it because I think he's neat.

"raise your arms for victory
drink to love
drink to me
we'll start over
we'll start new this time
with all stars, all stars and shadows
and we're all stars
yes, yes I know, yes I know
around a thanksgiving moon.
a misty light, imprecise and still
from a jagged bright sickle moon
the big man stared him down
in the middle afternoon
hid the blood and the metal
with his hands..
with his hands, with his hands
oh is that a star?
oh shallow victory.."

(cool and cryptic, right? I think so, too. ^this is DM Stith^, he opened for Sufjan when I saw him last week. do yourself a favor and please, oh please, listen here. you won't be sorry, promise)

No comments:

Post a Comment