9.06.2011

there will be noise, there will be glad.

Fall.... Mm hmm. It's here. Whether it technically is or not. It's here in Nashville. It has arrived. There's no way to deny it. I feel it in every squish of my rain boots... I see it on the face of every slow moving hooded student... I watch it fly and dissipate in men's cigar smoke.. And I definitely taste it in this cinnamon,vanilla, mocha thing from Bongo Java - just a hop skip and a jump from my school of choice. Belmont. And Belmont was a good idea, guys.

I'm sitting here reading CS Lewis, thinking about fall, and feeling very content. There seems to be something very poetic about today - my self proclaimed start of fall. I could tell you more about that, but I think I'll show you what good ole Clive Staples just said:

"all our merely natural activities will be accepted, if they are offered to God, even the humblest, and all of them, even the noblest, will be sinful if they are not. Christianity does not simply replace our natural life and substitute a new one; it is rather a new organization which exploits, to its own supernatural ends, these natural materials."

YEAH. Happy Fall, pals. How was your day?

1 comment:

  1. You get to have fall already?!? Lucky. Also, just had Bruce read me that whole thing. It just sounded creepy since it didn't say something like "poopoo peepee Mary Palmer has dangling earlobes and makes fart-scented candles in her free time."

    ReplyDelete