9.10.2011

one big slumber party.

College really is just one big slumber party that never ever ends. That's the best description I can come up with for this place. Would you like to see what my college-self looks like?
Here you go:



this is my college-self. don't I look all grown?
I really do like it here. It's real nice. And people like me here! Crazy, huh?


So tonight, me and Anneke just left a jam session because we were sleepy and didn't feel too good and while we were in the lobby of Maple (our dorm) someone said "Waffle House" and on a whim, Anneke and I jumped in my car and headed to Waffle House. Not exactly sure what to expect, we just knew that we were hungry. Once we got there (by the way, it's a tragedy that there isn't a Waffle House close to Belmont) we ordered. Identically. Water, hashbrowns, and a chocolate chip waffle. There weren't many people in this Waffle House, which was nice-ish. AND THEN. Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" came on the juke box and what do we do? But of course, we grab our spoons and start belting it out at the top of our lungs. Glorious. Right? We didn't hold back. Once we got to the end of the song, all of Waffle House exploded in applause. We were speechless! AND THEN. A man gets up to pay and says, "hey, don't worry about your meal. I'm covering it because you made me happy" CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  The man paid for both of our meals! Tip and all! What a classy guy! He was so so so kind to us! AND THEN. We decide to put one more song on the juke, none other than "Mr. Postman", the old mo-town song. We did not sing or even sit this time, but rather, we got up and were dancing old 60s and 70s dance moves all around the Waffle House. We brought back some classic dance moves. AND THEN. We got back in my car and listened to Ben Folds all the way home to Belmont too loudly. 


I don't think I can come up with a better night to end a great day. Did I mention I rode 8 miles on my bike today? It was great. And so were my pals that came with me. We had a blast. Everything about today was spectacular. Except for now, when I'm about to try to write a paper. Wait.. well.. no. I don't really want to. I probably won't. I think I'll just hang around. 


That was today. And it was great. Just one big slumber party all the time.
Thank you, Jesus, for blessing me so so so much. 




And how was your day?



1 comment:

  1. P-P-P-Palmer, this sounds like such a terrific night. I am SO invigorated to know that you got to experience such a good thing at the WAFFLE HOUSE, which happens to be one of my great places! OK. And I also hope that one day you experience another best day as good as this, and I can be a part of it. -Jesse Strauss

    ReplyDelete