3.12.2011

today.

You know how my posts are always really long? I'm hoping this is a short one. I just need to vent a little bit.


OH MY GOOD GOLLY GRACIOUS. I'm so frustrated. I've been trying to find a roommate for next year and this is just killing me. Every time I find one and we talk a for awhile and I think, "yep, this could work" I bring up rooming together and they say "whoops, sorry. already got one." RAHHHH


Maybe I really am just supposed to go potluck for next year.. I'm getting exhausted with all this searching. I'm just about to give up. Actually, I think I will. I'm just so tired of this endless searching. You know what, I talked about this before. You know.. leaving things in God's hands instead of my own? Sigh. I guess I'll give up. Man, giving up is hard. 


If you ever catch me looking for a roommate again, stop me. Seriously.

Besides all that,
I got to see my good pals Schaeffer and Molly today!! They literally drove 3 hours just to have lunch with me. How great are they, right? I had a blast. It's so refreshing to hang out with them. They're like a tall glass of water. Schaeffer worked with me last summer at Riflery & Archery and we became close pals. I even persuaded him to ride a horse for the first time. And we went to Sonic every Thursday. And Molly is his INCREDIBLE girlfriend who also worked at TL but at Waterfront/Pool. She's so cool.


This is the first picture I took of me and Schaeffer. It was on the first day I met him. He had come up to me that day in the dining hall when I showed up to staff training week 2 days later than everyone else and said, "Hey! I'm Schaeffer. I'm working with you. I keep hearing how cool you are." We were best friends right then. It was destiny.


Schaeffer was probably dealing with some out of line children. Or Sharkbait. Same thing.
(just kidding, Sharkbait. We love you.)

Speaking of Sharkbait, there he is.... being his usual Sharkbait self. You'd never believe it, but this guy shot a salamander right in half with a bow and arrow once. True story. We got in a lot of trouble for that... but it was so worth it.
Nextly, if you haven't yet, please pray for everything happening in Japan. The Lavallee's are over there.. and so is Sonny Sweatt. Pray for safety. And mercy. Definitely mercy. 1000 are confirmed dead and 10,000 still missing. Please, please keep praying.

I leave for California tomorrow. I'll be studying for the Anatomy & Physiology ABC test all the way there. I don't know why Mr. McCartney picked me to take it.. I bet he did because he knew I'd freak out about it. And I sure am.

Please be safe on spring break, folks. You guys are in my prayers.     
(was that a short post? NO. Fail, again).


   O to grace how great a debtor 
 daily I'm constrained to be! 
 Let thy goodness, like a fetter, 
 bind my wandering heart to thee. 
 Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, 
 prone to leave the God I love; 
 here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
 seal it for thy courts above.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Mary Palmer, you have a blog. Who knew? I'm not really sure how I found this, but I'm really enjoying reading your blogs. And Schae and I made it into one of them! Lovely. But, dear, I did NOT work at waterfront/pool. I worked at ropes. You see, I can barely swim. Basically, I just sink. So I laughed wholeheartedly when I read this. You are a darling.

    ReplyDelete