3.30.2011

through cloud and sunshine.

I love/hate the ways God chooses to show me my sin and my need for Him but boy, do I need the reminder. He always does it so completely and then I'm left standing in awe of His love and mercy and faithfulness. I don't know why He would choose a fickle sinner such as me, but I'm glad He did.


I caught myself falling into sin again. And then He tore me right from the midst of it. He lent me His strength. I literally felt His strength wash over me. He saves me from my sin every day, no matter how many times I turn my back on Him. Tonight, this is my prayer: 



  1. Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
    The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
    When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
    Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.

Thou on my head in early youth didst smile;
And, though rebellious and perverse meanwhile,
Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee,
On to the close, O Lord, abide with me.
  1. I need Thy presence every passing hour;
    What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s pow’r?
    Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
    Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
  2. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
    Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
    Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
    I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
  3. Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
    Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies;
    Heav’n’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
    In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.



1 comment:

  1. i am so glad i saw this on your facebook page (yeah i was creeping a little bit. oops!) but this post was so eloquent. really a good reminder.

    i also saw the previous post. it seems like God chooses to provide an answer just as soon as you let go of whatever you're holding on to. the more i pray about it, the more rooming with you sounds like the right thing to do. i'm not sure if you feel the same way, but i am certainly excited about it if it does happen!

    have a great weekend, Mary.

    ReplyDelete