1.20.2011

the grey in this city.

Has anyone realized how grey it is lately? Grey, grey, grey. All the time.


I've noticed more and more lately God's faithfulness. If you haven't thought about it in awhile.... try it. It's pretty cool. I pray daily for God to lend His strength for me to not give in to these habitual sins. And guess what. He does. I'm so very excited to continue going (and growing) along this path with Him.


I have these really cool little friends of mine. It is my hearts job and passion to listen to and encourage them. Sometimes they have this mindset (which I fear is more common than I think) that our relationship with God is supposed to be 100% fantastic and amazing and incredible and easy every step of the way. And I thought about it. And it is, really it is. But at the same time, we're human. God's never changed His attitude towards us. We change. And I change rather frequently. But the God we experience on the 'mountaintops' is still there. Such temporal vision... 


From time to time when my vision is muddled enough with distractions for me to realize it's muddled.. I can catch glimpses of things to come. Some glorious things. And I bet it won't be grey.


‘He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.’








(My father got him and me front row tickets to see Punch Brothers on February 20th as my birthday present. I have a great dad.)



No comments:

Post a Comment