12.04.2010

nowadays.

These past few days have been full of enlightenment, honestly. A few things:

1. I'm really seeing God show me a lot lately. He's showing me my sin (I've been praying for that). He's showing me how selfish I am... How I'd do anything not to be uncomfortable or inconvenience myself. I'm ridiculous guys... But thankfully, I have a Savior. Who, oddly enough, loves me beyond belief and saves me from that selfishness and all the rest of my sin even though I don't deserve it.. at all.  He's teaching me how to serve in a different way. What I mean is,
I've always known that I love serving people. I love ministry. God might even have that involved in my future in some way. But lately, in a bad situation that I didn't know the answer to and just wanted to give up, He's shown me that even though I'm not happy with where I am, I can still minister to the people around me. He's even placed people on my heart that I need to minister to. It's fantastic. God really does answer prays and has a plan for your life, if you were speculating. 

2. Nextly, I've pushed myself to be more social. Instead of hiding away in my room reading books (which I didn't think I did all that much, until the other day). I've got these new-ish friends. They aren't really new, because I've known them almost my whole life. But our friendship is pretty new. These are some awesome girls:
Kendall Kirk: artist, fashionista. 
&
Christine Bowman: dancer, a little piece of sunshine
We spent a whole evening together and I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard in my whole life. These two are wonderful. If you ever come across them, you'll never be the same, honestly. We talked and talked for two and half hours having a tea party at Aladdin. We took wayyyy too many pictures on Photo Booth at Kendall's. We watched Steel Magnolias at Christine's. I slept on the floor. Incredibly and undeniably content. It was a wonderful evening.

And last night, I had dinner with the wonderful Abigail Grantham. She's sooo much cooler than I ever imagined! I worked with her at Twin Lakes this past summer, but our paths didn't cross much. She's one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met. We had dinner at Olive Garden then met up with her boy Michael and played ping pong and caught up with other friends I don't see often enough. I had such a great time with those Belhaven folks!

3. I worked at Twin Lakes today! I always love working at Twin Lakes. It's the place to be, inexplicably. I worked ropes, which I haven't in a long time. I love working on the 40ft platform because I love encouraging the people coming across the Spooky Tarzan. And Kristen Owens and I got to catch up while she took pictures! I just love her. 
Most importantly about today:
My incredible boss, Tuan, taught me how to drive the tractor!! This is a huge deal because since I've worked at TL, I've wanted to drive the tractor. It's huge! And it's a standard, so I feel super skillful to know how to drive it. A John Deere 5220 tractor, otherwise known as my dream vehicle.


These past few days.. words cannot describe how great they've been.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment